Thursday, June 3, 2010

My son's first day at School




I don't know how everybody feel when they send their child/children to school for the very first time. But I had a bit of mixed feelings like anxiety,tensed up,happy and little frightened also. I dont know even my son felt all that. I was happy and exited in the morning as soon as I woke up as it was my son's first day to school. Eventhough he is going to his pre-school but it is his first step into the world where he is going to spend most of his childhood days and years which would probably be about 14 to 15 years.

As told by the school authorities I had already marked his name with a marker pen in bold letters on his new EUROKIDS bag,his new water bottle, his new calendar, his new tiffin,his new shoes,his socks, and on whatever I felt he shouldnt miss at school. While doing all this a thought passed over in my mind about how our parents would have felt when they first sent to school. School was not such a tedious thing those days as compared to this day.
Now-a-days, it has really become weariful getting admission in a good school. I started his school hunt when he was just two. We tried getting him into a good school attached with montessori like NPS. But we didnt get an admission. what a tension filled period it was! It was really a nightmare as we were thinking whether he would get an admission or we have to seek other pre-schools which has cropped up like mushrooms all through the city. Then, it was my son's fate I should say or our fate which didnt take us to NPS. But we are happy with what we have got now. As EUROKIDS is also good where they teach the child with concept based.
And comig back to the first day experience at school. After all this I packed the necessary things like 1 set of dress,a towel, some biscuits in his snack box and the water can, I woke up my son with good music in the morning and asked him if he was ready for school that day. He was already ready the day before as he was pestering me from yesterday, immediate affirnative was his reply and he got up very happily. My tension was little relieved as he didnt cry at all in the morning as he woke up. Then was his regular schedule toilet, brushing and taking a bath. Then came the hectic point of the day , which was nothing but feeding him. By God's grace that part also went well as dosa(one of his favorite's) was for breakfast. He was ready even by 8.15. Then I got myself decked up and then waited for the call from one of our friend's as they have put up their daughter who is approximately the same age of sai also in the same school.


Then she gave a call at 8.55 and me and sai went down after saluting to God as usual. Then I wanted a few photos of Sai as I always wanted to remember his first day to school. Then I took a photo of him with his girl friend Manasa and started to his school and reached within 2 minutes as it is very close by to our house. But to our surprise Manasa and Sai were in different classes. But there were already few children with their mothers in the class.
And I was pretty exited as I was also allowed inside the class and was allowed to sit the whole 1 hour along with him in his class. The teacher introduced herself to the children as Pinky Mam and their buddy the Euro rabbit was also introduced. And it was fun singing rhymes along with the children and going round and round along with them.

Sai was exited as he was given a chalk and was asked to scribble on the black board painted on the wall which he usually loves to do at home. He was drawing sun almost correctly which I was really surprised. He could draw an exact circle with a few lines. I felt that a few deops of tears out of happiness is rolling down my cheeks.(which I dint want to show out........).

And at the end of the 1 hour session today he bid good bye and already started adjusting to his new environment. Thanks to God. He has helped me out of a big trouble as I can never see my son crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment