Monday, July 6, 2009

About the Serials in the television

Today my husband was not in town and I was totally tired after a day long schedule and my son Sai Sharan had gone to sleep. I was browsing through the channels before I thought of catching up some sleep. When I was switching over the channels all I could watch was only serials or cinemas. I started thinking what has this world of technology done to us. Anything worthwhile. Everyone's life is occupied with one thing or the other. Do we have the same leisure we used to have when we were children. Not so much TV channels to watch nor so much busy schedule to do. When I visit my mum's place there I find her watching Hindi serials even after her busy day's of work at school(she is a school teacher) and if I go to my mum-in-law's place, whenever I go she is engrossed in the tamil serials and never allows any of us to change over to any of the channels. And she gets angry if she misses any sceane in any of them nor she goes out anywhere during her serial schedule. Oh no! what this has done to all of us. I feel all of the characters that are shown in the television starts getting reflected on our day today moods as I have seen both my mum and my mum-in-law doing it. They are missing everything what they should enjoy. Both are diabetic and the doctor asks them to walk a lot but both of them dont do it. Why all this because of the serials that occupy our life. Ok you may now think why we should watch only those channels. If we switch over to any other channel there is either tamil, english or hindi movies which are not worth sitting and watching it and if we switch over to any news channel then they focus only on politics or some sort of bomb blast or some issue. yes we can see but how long. So I feel all this system should be changed to make people realize what actual happiness is.

2 comments:

  1. Good thought Raadhika. But what is the change that needs to be brought around? If you can throw some light on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People should stop watching serials and even people who are well learned do that. Because of TV serials many are actually losing their good health as they sit before it and keep munching something or the other. They can go out for some parks and meet people and socialize and can have some healthy discussions or go to some library where they can read some books, etc. Thanks Bala for your comments.

    ReplyDelete